Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hanoi, Vietnam (II)

Ha long Bay, located on the northern coast of Vietnam
around 170km from the capital, Hanoi.

I haven't forgotten to write a second post about my Hanoi trip. =p If you already read the first post ----Hanoi, Vietnam (I)-----, couple of weeks ago I took a trip to Hanoi. My main purpose wasn't a summer trip but to attend my cousin's wedding. We explored Ha Long Bay on the extra day, hopped up a mini bus prepared by our hotel for the 3.5 hour journey to reach Ha Long Bay. Well there were nine Malaysians and the rest were Japanese, French, Korean, few white guy and few young white girls joined the tour bus. Actually it's not surprised to see lots white visiting this world heritage site, some of them didn't return with our tour bus as they plan to overnight on the "floating hotels" at Ha Long Bay.
Meal we had on the junk ship was good, the weather was a little windy still broiling!!! sweating profusely but couldn't stop us from taking lots photo of the pretty view there.

He's Korean~

My face looked dark in the photo below. Sun burning on my skin! The horrendous suffering is my only complaint of the trip. haha~ walking tours in the ridiculous heat can be a challenge...temperature is much higher than in Malaysia.

Photos taken during the ship tour.
Another day was the big day, started off the day dolled up ourselves. We had our lunch before headed to bride's house. We had Cha Ca, fried fish.
Onto the bride's place. The bride's family members were very friendly, most of them able to speak English and Mandarin so we didn't have problem to communicate at all. The bride's dad is Vietnam ambassador and I find it a new experience of meeting an ambassador as well as the whole family members. Also I've spotted photo of the ambassador with former Taiwanese president.
The ambassador's family. My cousin is Chinese btw.

Here comes the wedding dinner. We didn't have much time to prepare, quickly dolled up and headed to the hotel. I spotted merlion in front of the hotel then I was told that the hotel is owned by a Singaporean. Very golden interior decor, below are few photos taken during the night.
Amazing violin performance during wedding dinner, jazzy tunes, classical,
wonderful performance =)

The first time I wearing a dress in this colour. Paired it up with my favourite pearl necklace.
with mum =)in lift. the last photo before heading back to hotel...=D

Overall, I'm happy got to see and experience many different things also to have had the opportunity to take this amazing trip. =) The journey was pleasant, except the weather XD
If anyone of you planning a trip to Vietnam, here I would like to remind you that summer time is during period from June to end of August. =p

2 comments:

Choon Hong said...

Are those crabs delicious?

ジョイス said...

It's steamed crab, tasted not bad. more on fresh as we picked from pond, but not much meat actually.