Monday, June 14, 2010

Fri, Sat, Sun

This will be a longer-than-usual post.=p Perhaps the nervousness I seldom get for the day has caused me to write longer here.

A message popped up in my handphone on Friday night with all the song titles to be played on Sunday, that was when I about to head out for movie, Karate Kids with friends. I felt my stress level rising as none of the pianists will be available for Sunday. Usually, either in Malacca or Jb, I play with church band, or another organ ( other accompaniment instruments such as drum, guitar, bass, electric guitar, or backup singers). For hymns part I use to play alone. But for other gospel songs I love how the accompanying instruments provide rich background to the songs. There was even a new song I never played before and I had to search the score through Internet, now I really like the song already, even the preacher requested to sing it again.

I had headache after back from movie on Friday night, we picked the very front seats without choice. The movie was long and we couldn't have proper way of sitting while watching...I had pain in my neck. Luckily the movie is worth watching. =) The next thing I approached after stepping into the house was my piano as I couldn't waste a minute with the little time for practise; Saturday I already planned to have outing with my Uni friends.


Saturday:
the girls =)
dinner at George & Dragon Cafe~

Woke up very early and tapped the keys again at Saturday morning, then outing with friends and back home at night, I stayed on the piano bench for two hours until 1am. I hope I didn't disturb neighbours sleeping with the press of soft pedal. =X

Okay, talking about Sunday morning, since I need to reach my church earlier, I thought of having a very simple breakfast at home, I was delighted when I saw mum prepared rice and a few dishes for my breakfast! And this helped to reduce my nervousness for the playing later. Right before the worship started, I realised that I had to play all the songs without any backup singer that they use to have every week. T.T I sms-ed to make a "complaint" to my piano sifu who didn't come to church that day. XD

Well overall, the playing was ok. Something unusual was that my hymns book dropped from the piano and bang the octave keys before reaching the floor. Everyone heard the bang. T.T
Towards the end of the worship, those teens who were standing not far from the piano sang "Amen~~~Amen~~~" in a very strange voice, it sounds like "aaaamooeennn, amoeeenn" that they purposely sang in that way. While playing the keys I tried to hold my laughter then I gave a quick sharp glance to one of the boys. But I didn't look at them again, I had to focus on playing, i 'm sure that he could sense my sharp glance for that second. HahaXD

On the way back, I bought my favourite Oreo McFlurry to pamper myself. =) It cleared away all the nervousness I had for the whole morning.



Btw, Saturday was really an unforgettable day.

Road users shall make less conversations

to passengers in vehicle to stay safe on road.

No comments: